Chickpea Enchillada!



My family loves this recipe!   So much so that they requested me to make it tonight.  I love this recipe as it is so easy to make!  And of course I just use what I have on hand.  I also made my homemade tortilla's, and homemade salsa.  So yummy!!!!

2 cups                chickpeas(soaked and cooked as recommended) Today I am going to use my sprouted chickpeas!
1 cup                  salsa
1/2 cup               cottage cheese I have no cottage cheese in the fridge so I am going to use cheddar and add lot of add ins!

Add ins               onion, peppers, jalapeno peppers, mushrooms, corn, black beans, garlic, spices. what ever you have on hand or like!
1 1/2 cups           salsa
3/4 cup               shredded cheese
6                        tortilla's

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a bowl mash chickpeas, mix with salsa, cheese, and any add ins.
  3. Roll even amounts of the mixture in the tortillas. Arrange in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover with salsa sauce and 3/4 cup shredded cheese.
  4. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 30 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving. Best served with fresh guacamole, and a nice garden salad.
If you are looking for more Chickpea recipes click here!